This month's program is a demonstration on Crock Pot dyeing. Nancy Shedden and Patty Benton will lead the program. The demonstration is limited to five active participants and, as of May 28, there were two extra spots available for participants who want to actively dye.
If are are a dues paid member who is interested in actively participating please contact Patty as soon as possible. Of course, you don't have to be an active participant to watch the demo as an onlooker or to ask questions.
Active participants should plan on showing up around 9:30am so Nancy and Patty can work with you to get set up and get the crock pots filled and heating up.
Active participants should bring:
- A 3-5 qt. slow cooker or Crock Pot (this will no longer be food safe after the demo - FYI).
- 2-3 oz. wool/animal fiber that will take acid dyes (i.e. not plant fibers). Very important: please presoak your fiber at least 30 minutes in a weak solution of water and dish soap or shampoo. If you need fiber for dyeing, see below.
- An apron and gloves (optional).
- An old towel and/or several newspapers to cover your work area.
- Plastic bag(s) to take home your dyed fiber.
Patty and Nancy will bring:
- Acid dyes.
- Extension cord for plugging in pots.
- Extra fiber for dyeing ($5 for your choice of Cormo or Cotswold/Mohair blend). Contact Nancy ahead of time if you want to buy fiber so she can plan on presoaking it for you).