Please send all announcements, fiber related articles, and classified ads for the next issue of The Flyer to newsletter editor Bob Devol (e-mail). Please include all contact information—including name, address (email and/or snail mail), important dates, and/or phone number.
- DON'T FORGET! We are now meeting in room 605 and 606 in the main church building on the side of the building where the playground is.
- Deb Smith is still looking for volunteers to help demonstrate at the Jefferson County Fair August 15th - 24th. 5pm - 8:30 pm. We have the first few nights covered.
- Iron Spinner Challenge: A friendly reminder, if you plan on participating in the Iron Spinner Challenge at this month's TVHS meeting, please be sure to let Erin Kramer know so that she can put you on her list. We need to be sure we have an accurate head count so that there will be an adequate quantity of fiber dyed for the challenge. Contact Erin about adding your name to the list.
Upcoming Guild Programs:
- Aug. – Iron Spinner Challenge (see Guild Announcements above for information or the June Fly-By)
- Sept. – Sock Challenge
- Oct. – Stash Bust
- Nov. – Preparing and processing a fleece
- Dec. – Gift Exchange
MEMBER AND OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS
From Linda Frank:
For sale -- Nilus LeClerc 4 harness 6 treadle 36" counterbalance loom for sale. Back beam folds in. Asking $550. Comes with a shuttle and a cone of cotton warping thread. I can provide pictures on request or you can see it set up. Contact Linda if interested.From Jenny Bennett:
For sale -- Toika 60", 16 harness, countermarche loom with bench for sale $900. This loom is put together with pegs, so is easy to take apart and reassemble and can be used with any number of the harnesses (using 8 now) This is a big enough loom to weave anything you want. I will take lots of pictures before disassembly, will help you put it up, and will even deliver (for a TVHS member). Contact Jenny if interested.