Please send all announcements, fiber related articles, and classified ads for the next issue of The Flyer to newsletter editor Bob Devol (e-mail). Please include all contact information—including name, address (email and/or snail mail), important dates, and/or phone number.
- March and April Meeting Moved: We will continue to meet in rooms 206/208 for both the March and April meetings. 206/208 are on the opposite (West) wing of the building and are located near the entrance just behind the church near the portable where we used to meet.
- TVH Nonprofit Status: The Guild voted at its January meeting to become a Nonprofit Corporation in the State of Tennessee.
- 2014 Rossini Festival Conflict: The Rossini Festival is the week of April 12. This is the same week as the Smoky Mountain Fiber Festival for which the Guild is a co-sponsor. Linda Frank is not able to act as the Guild contact this year to the Rossini Festival. A volunteer is needed from the Guild to be the 2014 contact for the Rossini Festival.
- July Meeting Date Moved: The Guild July meeting has been moved to July 12. This will avoid conflicting with the July 4 weekend.
- Show and Tell Ravelry Thread: In an effort to encourage the show and tell discussions the guild used to have at meetings, a show and tell thread has been revived on Ravelry. Everyone is invited to share current projects and works in progress as well as comment and inquire about others' projects.
- Membership Dues are Due: 2014 dues are due as of this month. Yearly membership is now $10 and is payable via cash or check made out to "TVHG." If you have not already paid please do so by the March meeting if possible. Contact Erin Kramer if you have any questions.
- March/April: Special Event - Fleece Challenge. At our February meeting each participant will receive 3 oz. of washed cotswold fleece (or unwashed equivalent) and will create an object from the fleece. Participants may knit, crochet, felt, weave or use whatever skills desired. We will share created objects at our March and April meetings. Please note that this event is entirely for educational fun and is not a contest.
- May: Program: Woolen Spinning - Led by Jenny Bennett
- June: Special Event: Show and Tell
- July: Program: Worsted Spinning - Led by Penny Tschantz
From Amanda Gibson:
"We (Judith Henry and I) are sponsoring a bus to go to the 2014 MD Sheep and Wool originating out of Knoxville, TN. We’ll leave on Friday morning (5/2/14) and return late Sunday (5/4/14) evening. We’d LOVE to have you join us!
Trip includes coach transportation to the festival from Knoxville with an incredible bunch of fiber enthusiasts; transportation to and from the festival Saturday and Sunday; 2 nights stay (double occupancy) at Springhill Suites in Columbia; breakfast at the hotel both mornings; goody bag; and door prizes on the bus.
The early bird rate of $300 is good until January 31st. However, for any member of the TVHS it's extended until February 15th!
The trip details can be found at Ravelry groups: etmdsw or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/etmdsw."