Please send all announcements, fiber related articles, and classified ads for the next issue of The Flyer to newsletter editor Bob Devol (e-mail). Please include all contact information—including name, address (email and/or snail mail), important dates, and/or phone number.
- From the Townsend Artisan Guild: The Townsend Artisan Guild appreciates all the members that volunteered to help us during the 2014 SMFAF. The show was a great success and we have had many inquiries into next year’s show already. We would need to vote again to find out if the guild is interested in participating again next year. We are interested in ideas for teachers, classes and vendors. Please let me know of any ideas any of you may have about this. We hope to get on the agenda with board approval for a vote as to whether the guild would like to be a sponsor again. This year we would like to be further in our planning in order to have a brochure ready for SAFF in October.
- July: Program: Worsted Spinning - Led by Penny Tschantz
- August: Program: Wheel Maintenance - Led by Charlotte Keathley
- September: Program: Supported Spindling - Led by Cathy Aycock
- October: Special Event: Show and Tell
- November: Special Event: Stash Bust
- December: Special Event: Holiday Potluck
From Susan Gawarecki:
Hello Fiber Artists and Enthusiasts! It's that time again! We will be holding the Sixth Annual Anything Fiber Sale and Swap on August 23rd, again at the YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly in Black Mountain. This is a big event for the fiber community, where local fiber folks clear out their closets and sell yarns, fiber, fabrics, looms, wheels, tools, and a plethora of related items, at yard sale prices. If your fiber stash is becoming unmanageable, we have a selling space for you! Just go to our website and register online or download an application to mail in with a check. Prices are reasonable and we always have a big crowd of fiber professionals and newbies. If you are looking to increase your stash, it's free to come as a buyer, so check out our website for maps and more information. Hope to see you there! Anything Fiber Sale and Swap August 23rd, 2013 10 am - 3pm YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly Washburn Center Black Mountain, NC
From Darlene Laverdure:
For Sale: HD - Harrisville Design loom in excellent condition. I'm looking to sell for 3-400 dollars. Pictures appear below: If interested please contact Diana Flynn (e-mail).